Nabolom is a worker-owned collective bakery and café, operating in Berkeley since 1976. We are currently looking for 2-3 new full-time and/or part-time workers. Ideally, each worker would eventually expand into all aspects of the bakery including full collective ownership.
This position requires scheduling flexibility and is not an after-school or seasonal job. The bakery is staffed early in the morning and can require unusual hours.
- Minimum 1 year commitment (looking for long term members interested in ownership)
- Interest in participating fully in a worker-owned cooperative
- Ability to attend Collective Meetings on Monday afternoons
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8+ hours
- Baking and/or food production experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable initiative
-Baking and/or customer service experience
-Collective experience or familiarity with consensus process
Please state your preferred shifts in your cover letter. All workers train on
the store shift and then learn new shifts. Priority is given to candidates
able to work over-nights and weekends.
- Store: 6:30 am-2 pm, 1 pm-8:30 pm
- Bake: 3 am-11am
- Office: 9-5ish twice a week
- Prep: 9 am-5 pm
We are looking to hire someone who is responsible, self-motivated, good at communicating, and fun to work with. Compensation is based on a shift-pay system with hourly wages. No health benefits currently offered, but we are working on it!
If you are interested in joining the Nabolom community and feel you fit this description, please bring a resume and cover letter by the bakery as soon as possible.
Please note: NO resumes will be accepted without a cover letter.